Our current Medical Alert Dog client waiting list is over 3 years so we are using our expertise to train Bed Bug Scent Detection Dogs to create a revenue stream in order to train more Medical Alert Dogs that can assist individuals and their families.
If you have, you need the services of our bed bug scent detection dogs to help seek out the source of the infestation in order for it to be dealt with expediently.
Video courtesy of Pest Control MK
Why Employ a Bed Bug Detection Dog?
Early infestations can be hard to detect making visual detection a challenge. Dogs have the ability to detect minute odours due to their incredible sense of smell, up to 1 million times better than ours. This enables dogs to detect whether bed bugs exist or not in an environment prior to escalation of an infestation. They are able to detect as few as one bug or bed bug eggs. Bed bugs are nocturnal and the dogs have the ability to detect their hiding places which are often small cracks and crevices which are not visible to the human eye. Dogs are able to work much more quickly and efficiently than humans carrying out a visual inspection e.g. a standard hotel bedroom would take approximately 5 minutes for a dog verses a minimum of 30 minutes for a human. In addition to various types of buildings, dogs can also be used efficiently to search various types of transport such as aeroplanes, boats, trains and buses including baggage areas where bed bugs are able to transfer from one piece of luggage to another.
- One off call out to assess a location for infestation
- Repeat Inspection Contract to an agreed frequency as part of due diligence
- Follow up post treatments to validate effectiveness
In all cases we would operate with discretion and the following elements would be covered:
- Handler and dog to carry out area by area examination of the location
- Visual examination and confirmation of any indications by the dog to verify findings
- Staff training to raise awareness
- Advice on recommended next step
Why use our service?
- High level of accuracy with scent detection dogs - c97%
- Cheaper and more cost effective to manage early detection prior to escalation of an infestation
- Independent service
- Increased speed of elimination by treating at source in individual areas
- Reduces the risk of escalation which if it occurs may result in brand damage and potential litigation
- Less intrusive to use a dog due to the speed at which they operate
- Minimises the need to dismantle the areas where the search is required
- Positive business partnership for our customers in supporting a charity which is working to save human lives
Our dogs are:
- Specifically trained on field strain bed bugs and are not trained to detect other odours
- Live with their owners in a home environment and go to ‘work’ each day
- Well behaved in order to ensure a discreet service
- Have ongoing training and testing
- Honest, hard working and trustworthy
Certification & Accreditation
We are accredited by Assistance Dogs International & Assistance Dog Europe in terms of dog and handler training disciplines and controls.
These deliver the highest standards for medical assistance and life saving dogs.
We are an Associate Member of the British Pest Control Association (BPCA). We are also working with the following organisations:
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Bed Bug Foundation
If you would like more information on our Bed Bug Detection Service please contact Alison Clare by phone
01296 655888 or email email@example.com