How to apply for a Medical Alert Assistance Dog
Do I meet the eligibility criteria?
We are now open to accepting new applications from individuals who meet our eligibility criteria. Please read the criteria below and then complete the Register of Interest form.
Please note, you are not eligible if you:
- Have Type 1 diabetes and are using a glucose sensor (such as Dexcom, Medtronic and Libre)
- Have epilepsy, autism, dementia or mental health issue and this is the main reason for requiring a Medical Alert Assistance Dog
- Were diagnosed with the medical condition less than 12 months ago
- Are under 5 years old or over 75 years
- Smoke or someone in your household smokes
- Already have more than 2 dogs living with you.
We keep our eligibility criteria under regular review, and they may change in future.
Please be aware that we are not able to provide documents or assist with taking dogs on flights, unless the dog is an accredited Medical Alert Assistance Dog, via our training programme. Please see below information about applying to us, including criteria for Applicant Owned Dog Training.