Volunteering with Medical Detection Dogs
We need socialisers within travelling distance of the centre. We also need socialisers on the Essex/Suffolk borders to join our regional trainer’s team. We provide food and equipment for the puppy and cover all veterinary costs. Ideally you will have some experience with dogs and you will meet the following criteria:-
- Attend regular local puppy classes?
- Be at home most of the day?
- Follow positive dog training methods?
- Regularly visit lots of different environments and use various forms of transport to socialise a puppy?
- Be willing to support charity events?
- Have a secure, dog-friendly garden?
- Have the time and stamina to manage an active puppy?
- Have the ability to travel to weekly classes at the Centre or local area?
Socialiser information sessions
If you think becoming a Puppy Socialiser is still for you the next step is to attend one of our Puppy Socialiser information sessions which we run throughout the year at our Training Centre in Great Horwood. During these 1.5 hour sessions we cover all aspects of the role, including your responsibilities and the support we give you, as well as giving plenty of opportunity for you to ask any questions you have and meet some of our socialisers. Plus there’s tea and cake.
Please note that regrettably our Information Sessions for the recruitment of socialisers and fosterers have been postponed until further notice. Please continue to register your interest in Medical Detection Dogs for these session via email@example.com and we will contact you as soon as the situation changes.